This past Saturday April 6th the UIC Student Research Group (SRG) held the Pre-Dental Undergraduate Research Symposium (PURS) at the College of Dentistry. There were a dozen undergraduate students from different undergraduate institutions in the area that presented their research in Poster Sessions. In the program, we had a welcome from UIC SRG Vice President Ariel Johnson followed by remarks from Dr. Pendleton, the Associate Dean for Student and Diversity Affairs, and Dr. Marucha, the Associate Dean for Research and Director of Graduate Studies. In addition, we had UIC’s own Dr. Ana Bedran-Russo, Director, Laboratory of Applied Dental Biomaterials and Interfaces, as the keynote speaker for the event. Josh Padovano, a 3rd year DMD/PhD candidate, was our guest speaker. The undergraduate students had the opportunity to present their research, learn about research in the college, and answer questions from current dental, PhD, and DMD/PhD students. For more information about participating in next years PURS event, please contact Katherine Long (email@example.com) or Angelica Lagunas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Save the date: April 25 wp.me/p1FC5Z-7c via @wordpressdotcom. J. Leslie Winston,P&G, will present "Pursuit of Optimal Oral Health." 1 year ago
- bake sale! Come support the Student Research Group, 12:30, 4th floor College of Dentistry. All items $1! 1 year ago
- 2013 Pre-Dental Undergraduate Research Symposium a success! wp.me/p1FC5Z-73 via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago
- #UIC conference impression: Seattle and #AADR deliver! wp.me/p1FC5Z-6U via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago
- Congratulations Marc Manos and mentor Dr. Engeland of #UIC for securing an AADR fellowship! wp.me/p1FC5Z-6G via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago