- Save the date: April 25 wp.me/p1FC5Z-7c via @wordpressdotcom. J. Leslie Winston,P&G, will present "Pursuit of Optimal Oral Health." 1 year ago
- bake sale! Come support the Student Research Group, 12:30, 4th floor College of Dentistry. All items $1! 1 year ago
- 2013 Pre-Dental Undergraduate Research Symposium a success! wp.me/p1FC5Z-73 via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago
- #UIC conference impression: Seattle and #AADR deliver! wp.me/p1FC5Z-6U via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago
- Congratulations Marc Manos and mentor Dr. Engeland of #UIC for securing an AADR fellowship! wp.me/p1FC5Z-6G via @wordpressdotcom 1 year ago
PhD candidate, Xuanyu Lu successfully defended his thesis. Xuanyu is mentored by Dr. Xianghong Luan of the Department of Oral Biology. His thesis is titled “Ameloblastin Functions in Enamel, Periodontium and Long Bone.” The College of Dentistry congratulates Xuanyu for a job well done.
MOST trainee and PhD/DMD candidate, Mat Wietecha was recently selected for a national award for his academic achievements. The Kosciuszko Foundation selected Mat to receive its Pope John Paul II Scholarship. Mat is mentored by Dr. Luisa DiPietro.
The UIC student researchers had lunch today with Dr. Sven-Ulrik Gorr. Dr. Gorr is the Associate Dean for Research at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Gorr also studies antimicrobial strategies for periodontal disease and will be giving a talk in LHN at 4:30pm for Advanced Oral Sciences Seminar.
The Student Research Group leadership showcased research opportunities at the College’s recent student organization fair. President Elizabeth Razdolsky, Vice President Spencer Schneider and Social Chair Marc Manos answered questions and publicized upcoming events.
Save the date! Thursday, April 25th, 12:30, the Student Research Group welcomes J. Leslie Winston, DDS, PhD, Director Professional and Scientific Relations, North America at Procter & Gamble Professional Oral Health for a lunch & learn titled “Pursuit of Optimal Oral Health.” Join us in Lecture Hall South, College of Dentistry (a light lunch will be served).